The Adoption Process
Meet the Animals!
Our foster dogs and cats are available for adoption daily at Pet Harmony. Come see the dogs romping in playrooms and the cats frolicking in habitats. Spend some time with them and see who “speaks” to you. You will be amazed at who is waiting for you. We host larger adoption days every Saturday here!
If you are interested in meeting a dog or cat in between adoption days, please contact us to make the arrangements. Remember, several of our cats and dogs for adoption are playing at Pet Harmony every day, but some stay on the couch at their foster homes! Come on by and see us!
You must meet the animal prior to adoption. We do not ship our animals. However, we do allow out-of-state adoptions if you are willing to travel to us.
- You will first be asked to complete a matchmaking form, in which you answer questions regarding your home and lifestyle.
- You will then talk with one or two experienced "animal matchmakers" to make sure that the right pet is matched to the right family.
- You must be agreeable to a home visit prior to the adoption and sign an adoption contract.
- The adoption fee (no out of state checks, please) covers current vaccines, deworming, spaying or neutering, microchipping, testing, a free post-adoption vet exam and 30 - 45 days of free ShelterCare vet health insurance for your peace of mind. At the time of adoption you will be given medical records of the cat/dog you are adopting.
- Your adopted pet's vaccines will be current at the time of adoption. Vaccines given include rabies, FVRCP (cats), and DHLPP & bordetella (dogs). For puppies and kittens: if they have not completed their vaccine booster series when adopted, the adoptive family will be responsible for finishing the vaccines. If the puppy/kitten is younger than 4 months of age, then the adoptive family will be responsible for getting their rabies vaccine.
- All dogs and cats are spayed/neutered before adoption.
- All dogs and cats will have been dewormed at least one time.
- The dog/cat will have already been microchipped (except for small kittens). Your new pet will be registered with 24PetWatch, a national database. If your pet is ever missing, found, and scanned by a vet or shelter, he or she can be returned to you.
- Cats will have tested negative for FIV and feline leukemia. Dogs will have tested negative for Heartworms and be current on Heartworm Prevention.
Kittens (Under 6 mos) $125
Plain Ol' Magnificant Cats $100
Fancy Kittens and Cats $150
Puppies (Under 6 mos) $150
Plain Ol' Magnificent Dogs $125
Fancy Puppies and Dogs $200